Who we are
The Saskatchewan Young Leaders Committee (the Committee) serves the Saskatchewan Young Leaders Community Members (SYL Community Members). The Committee exists to:
- Strengthen the Saskatchewan Credit Union System;
- Develop the leadership skills of SYL Community Members; and
- Provide opportunities for SYL Community Members to apply those leadership skills.
We want you!
A SYL Community Member is an employee 35 years or less in the credit union system that is looking to enhance their leadership skills through new opportunities and applied learning. They must be passionate about strengthening the credit union system through new connections and skills.
- Focused on improving self professionally and personally
- Willing to learn and grow/open to feedback
- Team player – focused on winning for the group
- Interested in making others better and helping them to succeed
- Passionate about the CU System and cooperative values
- Committed to action
- Problem solver/solutions-orientated
How You Prove It:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Positive outlook
- Embraces change
- Spirit of inquiry
- Challenges self and others
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability
If this sounds like you, we have a great opportunity to share with you!
This is your chance to take part in shaping the future of the credit union system. The retreat is designed to bring together Saskatchewan Credit Union leaders who will take part in scenario-based learning on Leadership, Career Planning, Succession Planning, Staying in the CU system, Communication and more!
Building Personal Success Retreat Details
August 23, 2016
Arrivals 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Workshops begin at 3:00 pm
August 24, 2016
Retreat ends late afternoon
Please note your Credit Union is responsible for any travel related costs.
- Meals and refreshments provided throughout
- Alcohol is not permitted
Applications will be accepted from April 29 through June 10, 2016; space is limited so apply today! Applicant selection will be completed by June 15, 2016.
Thanks to our sponsors there is no cost for SYL Community Members to attend the retreat!
Sponsor Credit Unions for 2016
- Affinity Credit Union
- Biggar & District Credit Union
- Churchbridge Credit Union
- Conexus Credit Union
- Cornerstone Credit Union
- Crossroads Credit Union
- Diamond North Credit Union
- Dodsland & District Credit Union
- Innovation Credit Union
- Kerrobert Credit Union
- Landis Credit Union
- Luseland Credit Union
- Macklin Credit Union
- Prairie Centre Credit Union
- Prairie Pride Credit Union
- Radius Credit Union
- Rockglen Killdeer Credit Union
- Synergy Credit Union
- Weyburn Credit Union
Got a question? Contact us:
- On the CUinverse page
- Email email@example.com or
- Twitter @SKYoungLeaders
Please review the attachment Core Values and Leadership Model Assignment (PDF 86KB). Complete part one, Listing Core Values in a separate document. Save this document as you will need it on your application form.
Consider your core values, beliefs, assumptions and expectations with regard to leadership, and explain why each is important to you. Examples are provided to assist you. Do not complete the relational model portion.
We’re reviewing all of the Retreat applications now.
Check back to see our list of attendees soon.