We want you!
An SYL Community Member is an employee 35 years and younger in the credit union system that is looking to enhance their leadership skills through new opportunities and applied learning. They must be passionate about strengthening the credit union system through new connections and skills.
- Focused on improving self professionally and personally
- Willing to learn and grow/open to feedback
- Team player – focused on winning for the group
- Interested in making others better and helping them to succeed
- Passionate about the CU System and cooperative values
- Committed to action
- Problem solver/solutions-orientated
How You Prove It:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Positive outlook
- Embraces change
- Spirit of inquiry
- Challenges self and others
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability
If this sounds like you, apply for the 2017 SYL Retreat: The Power of Change!
This is your chance to take part in shaping the future of the credit union system. The retreat is designed to bring together Saskatchewan Credit Union leaders who will take part in scenario-based learning on Leadership, Change Management, Solving System Challenges, Communication and more!
Hear from last year’s participants
“I was not afraid to speak and express my opinion. Public speaking can be intimidating but I felt that my opinion would be taken seriously and it was great to feel that support.”
” It was refreshing to be disconnected from the outside world but fully connected with my group of peers.”
“To see someone in upper management talk so openly and be so vulnerable was amazing.”
“My expectations were completely exceeded. I never thought a group of 40 strangers would be able to come together with such passion and innovation in order to better themselves and the Credit Union System.”
Power of Change Retreat Details
August 21-23, 2017
August 21, 2017 – Arrivals & Workshop begins
August 22, 2017 – Sask CU Advance Finalist presentations
August 23, 2017 (Afternoon) – Departures
Shekinah Retreat Centre
Cost: $300 per attendee
Note: If your Credit Union is a 2017 SYL Funding Sponsor, your cost will be $210.00.
Please note your Credit Union is responsible for any travel related costs.
- Meals and refreshments provided throughout
- Alcohol will not be permitted
- There is no cellular service or Wi-Fi access at the Timber Lodge.
Applications will be open from May 18 to June 30, 2017; space is limited so apply today! Applicant selection will be completed by July 10, 2017.
Thanks to our sponsors credit unions for helping subsidize this retreat.
Sponsor Credit Unions for 2017
- Affinity Credit Union
- Biggar & District Credit Union
- Churchbridge Credit Union
- Conexus Credit Union
- Cornerstone Credit Union
- Crossroads Credit Union
- Diamond North Credit Union
- Dodsland & District Credit Union
- Innovation Credit Union
- Kerrobert Credit Union
- Landis Credit Union
- Luseland Credit Union
- Macklin Credit Union
- Prairie Centre Credit Union
- Prairie Pride Credit Union
- Radius Credit Union
- Rockglen Killdeer Credit Union
- Synergy Credit Union
- Weyburn Credit Union
Got a question? Contact us:
- On the CUinverse page
- Email us at email@example.com
- Tweet to us at @SKYoungLeaders