What does it mean to be a member of the SYL Community?
- Your peers see you as an honest, trustworthy and committed team member. You look at the positive things in life and are focused as winning as a group.
- Your leader sees you as being committed to action and oriented towards the solutions by embracing change and supporting your team members through the change.
- Your members see you as passionate about strengthening the Credit Union system and the member experience.
- Your friends see you as supportive, compassionate and fun-loving.
- You see yourself as someone who supports the cooperative values of being part of the Credit Union system. You are willing to take risks and are focused on improving yourself personally and professionally.
SYL Community Member Simple Standards of Conduct:
These standards of conduct are in essence the behaviour of Saskatchewan Young Leaders towards their peers, their management, other professionals and Credit Union members. It is the duty of every member of the Saskatchewan Young Leaders Community (the SYL Community) to uphold and increase professionalism and prestige of the SYL Community by providing constructive leadership within the Credit Union and the Credit Union system. In keeping with the high standards of ethical conduct, members will carry out their professional work with honesty, integrity, courtesy, and impartiality.
- All members of the SYL Community shall comply with the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Credit Union Act 1998 and the rules and regulations established by their Credit Union and Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation.
- Members will, in exercising their responsibilities in all professional matters, subordinate personal interest to that of the public, their Credit Union, Credit Union Central of Saskatchewan or Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation, as the nature of the case may require.
- No member will associate himself/herself with, or sign any letter, report, statement or representation, which he/she knows or should know to be false or misleading.
- Members shall be committed to a proactive leadership role in environmental matters as they relate to the Credit Union and the community.