“A good first impression is one that reflects the real you. If you are presenting the best of yourself, the self you want to share, then you are making the impression that is right for you.”
– Ann Demarais & Valerie White
The Saskatchewan Young Leaders hosted their first webinar of 2014 with Rachelle Brockman, Principal of Eureka Experience on the topic of “Leadership Communications.” During the webinar Rachelle focused on developing techniques and strategies that will allow you to express your authentic self with skill and confidence. She also explored the art of delivering the right message to the right people at the right time.
THE TOP FIVE MUST HAVES OF A LEADER:
- Authentic, simple, efficient & clear PERSONAL IDENTITY
- Authentic, strategic IMPRESSION MANAGEMENT
- PURPOSE & CLARITY
- Communication EFFECTIVENESS
- INSPIRE Action & Motivation
By the end of this webinar, participants were equipped to:
- Create an understanding and appreciation of the uniqueness and diverse perspectives and styles of themselves as leaders; and
- Enhance their passion and productivity as well as others respect for them as professionals.
Couldn’t make it to our webinar? We got you covered!
Have you ever…wondered what kind of impression you make upon others? Delivered the wrong message? Had difficulty creating or delivering an important message? Wished you could engage and motivate others?
If you were unable to attend the webinar but can answer yes to these questions, check out more information on the 5 Must-Have’s, and the presentation provided to participants during the webinar. Rachelle also recommended some great reads that provided her with the knowledge and inspiration of leadership.
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Primal Leadership by Daniel Goleman
- Fierce Communications by Susan Scott
- Fierce Leadership by Susan Scott
- True North by Bill George
- Drive by Daniel H. Pink
- Encouraging the Heart by Barry Z. Posner
- First Impressions by Ann Demarais and Valerie White
Saskatchewan Young Leaders Committee